Clinical services and referrals
Alder Hey offers a comprehensive range of clinical services with over 45 specialist paediatric services, including paediatric specific expertise within all clinical support services.
Patients can be referred to specialist clinicians for treatment at Alder Hey for a range of clinical specialties. We can also provide remote clinical consultation and multi-disciplinary patient reviews via live links to support patient management.
The following clinical specialties are the most frequently accessed by our international and private patients but we are able to consider other needs on a case by case basis.
- Gait analysis
- Neurosurgery including: Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy
- Plastic surgery (particularly port wine laser surgery)
- Remote consultation and multi-disciplinary patient reviews: via live links
- Specialist paediatric surgery
Refer a patient
If you are a healthcare professional and wish to refer a patient to Alder Hey or a parent or guardian interested in accessing healthcare at Alder Hey please contact internationalPTInfo@alderhey.nhs.uk.
We would appreciate the following information being provided:
- Full name of the child and date of birth
- Parent guardian name and contact details
- Summary of medical condition with supporting information’s such as scans, medical reports etc.
- Home country
- Indicate if the care will be self-funded, insurance or government sponsor
Our standard working hours are 08:30 to 16:30 GMT/BST Monday to Friday. We aim to respond to your referral request within two working days.